The venue will be in EURATEX facilities in Brussels at Rue Montoyer 24, B-1000 Brussels.
The agenda is now released.
The workshop’s objectives are to:
- Present a case study of a EU project aiming to find and demonstrate sustainable alternatives to Flame Retardants containing halogenated organic compounds, antimony or releasing formaldehyde for the home textile sector.
- Discuss early results with international experts and increase stakeholder engagement.
- Inform the industry about the needs to move toward alternative flame retardants and currently available alternatives for home textile with emphasis on carpets and upholstery for home furniture.
- Collect industry feedback about a pressing topic and engage industry collaboration for validation of safer and greener alternatives.
- Foster networking among the different stakeholders involved in the home textile sector, particularly textile finishers, flame retardant producers and end-users.
Stakeholders in the home textile sector, particularly, chemical manufacturers of flame retardants, textile finishing companies, textile companies related to home textiles and retailers of home textiles, academic/R&D experts in flame retardant technology, textile-related business associations, policy-makers and NGOs.