The ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme joins forces with ten Organisations
Today, ten organisations commit to the ZDHC Roadmap to Zero Programme, a coalition of over 85 contributors. By joining ZDHC, these organisations commit to working together on the Programme’s vision of widespread implementation of sustainable chemistry, driving innovations and best practices in the textile, apparel and footwear industries to protect consumers, workers and the environment.
By joining ZDHC, the organisations not only help to work on the Programme’s vision, but also commit to a strengthened commitment towards better chemical management practices and the adoption and implementation of ZDHC tools. These include, amongst others, the ZDHC Manufacturing Restricted Substances List (ZDHC MRSL) and the ZDHC Wastewater Guidelines.
“It’s great to see the continuous ongoing support from the industry.” says ZDHC Executive Director Frank Michel.
“We appreciate the help and commitment from all our Contributors and are delighted to welcome these ten new organisations to our ZDHC Family.” Michel continues: “With the onboarding of the new Contributors we also enlarge our geographic scope and depth by welcoming the first organisation headquartered in Bangladesh as well as growth in the number of Contributors from Italy”
Last month ZDHC officially launched the ZDHC Implementation HUB during the Friends of ZDHC Day in Amsterdam. The Implementation HUB takes the scaling of chemical and environmental management best practices to the next level and accelerates impact along the value chains of the textile, apparel, footwear and leather industries. Read more about the ZDHC Implementation HUB here.
ZDHC was founded in 2011 by six leading brands and today consists of 85 contributors, divided into three categories – 23 Signatory Brands, 47 Value Chain Affiliates and 15 Associates. The ten new organisations join as Value Chain Affiliates and Associates in the following categories:
- JOLLITY ENTERPRISE CO., LTD. is a ISO9001/ISO14001/OHSAS18001/bluesign certified manufacturer and ODM company that developed and produces leather, paper, coating and textile auxiliaries. JOLLITY is headquartered in Taipei Taiwan.
- Smit & zoon is a leading global supplier of wet-end and finishing leather chemicals for tanneries. They develop and produce leather chemicals used in the manufacturing of leather. Smit & zoon is headquartered in Weesp, The Netherlands.
- ACS Textiles Bangladesh Ltd, A British Investment, a state-of-the-art, composite manufacturing facility, with weaving, dyeing, printing, finishing, and packaging services, ACS stands as one of the largest of its kind in the industry. ACS Textiles is headquartered in Borpa, Bangladesh.
- SALIRONE is a unique and well-developed manufacturer for 100% Silicone Coated Materials with a team of chemists, material scientists, engineers and market experts for HPECO (Hyper-parameters ECO) Materials which are solvent free and zero discharge. Salirone is headquartered and factory located in Huizhou, China.
- Santori Pellami Spa is a family owned business that is specialised in the production and sale of leathers. Santori is headquartered in Monte Urano, Italy.
- GEO-CHEM LABORATORIES PVT. LTD.(CPS) is an independent inspection and testing company. Today, they are one of the largest and most reputable inspection and testing organisations in India. Its CPS lab has complete capability for Testing, Textile, Leather & Footwear, Toys and Hard- Line. Geo-Chem CPS is headquartered in Gurgaon, India.
- Modern Testing Services (MTS) is an independent provider of technical services to the retail, vendor and manufacturing communities of consumer products. MTS is headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts, United States of America.
- Process Factory srl is a consulting firm specialising in offering businesses and public administrations integrated solutions for organisation improvement. They already joined ZDHC as an Accredited Training Provider in January 2017 and will from now on also be part of the Value Chain Affiliate Category. Process Factory is headquartered in Florence, Italy.
- RITEX Research and Textile Testing Lab is a research and textile testing laboratory specialised in technological tests and chemical analysis for the textile and clothing industry, leather and accessories. RITEX is headquartered in Cornedo Vicentino, Italy.
- UNPAC is the National Association that is formed of Italian leather chemicals manufacturers. Its members are strong and flexible in professionally meeting customer’s requests and ready to safeguard the common interests of their area of expertise. UNPAC is headquartered in Valdagno, near Arzignano (VI), Italy.
Read more about the ZDHC Programme and its tools on our website.